Visit Punta Islita, Costa Rica
Hotel Punta Islita opened in 1994 in an area where cattle ranching and wood extraction was the basis of the local economy. Prior to this, the area's tropical dry forest had been stripped due to the unsustainable practices that were being undertaken. Since the opening of Punta Islita, the environmental degradation has been reversed.
The hotel sponsors complimentary education, professional training, scholarships, student loans and English programs. Investment in the local communities (9 in total with a population of approximately 1,300 people) has led to a growth of local enterprises ranging from seafood processing plants to furniture workshops and cafés. This has created a positive cycle that spurs further positive economic benefits. Active recycling programs operate very successfully within the grounds of the hotel and employees are educated on this policy, which works very effectively.
Suggested itineraries featuring Punta Islita
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Punta Islita, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Punta Islita
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Punta Islita
- Northern Pacific Coast 44 kilometers away
- Tamarindo 69 kilometers away
- Playa Potrero 78 kilometers away
- Monteverde Cloud Forest 88 kilometers away
- Tenorio Volcano 101 kilometers away
- Arenal Volcano 102 kilometers away
- Esterillos 105 kilometers away
- San Ramón 106 kilometers away
- Golfo de Papagayo 107 kilometers away
- Rincón de la Vieja 109 kilometers away
- Central Pacific Coast 125 kilometers away
- El Silencio Lodge 127 kilometers away
- Caño Negro 133 kilometers away
- San José & Central Valley 145 kilometers away
- Manuel Antonio 148 kilometers away
- Puerto Viejo de Sarapiqui 167 kilometers away
- San Gerardo de Dota 179 kilometers away
- Dominical 183 kilometers away
- Turrialba 189 kilometers away
- Tortuguero & the Caribbean Coast 219 kilometers away
- Corcovado & Osa Peninsula 227 kilometers away
- Puerto Viejo de Talamanca 291 kilometers away
- Manzanillo 302 kilometers away
Photos of Punta Islita
Accommodation choices for Punta Islita
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Punta Islita. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Situated on the Nicoya Peninsula high above a long-secluded beach on Costa Rica’s Pacific coastline, Hotel Punta Islita is a remote, luxury hillside hideaway with a wealth of activities on offer.