Paarl nestles in a valley between dramatic mountains, and enjoys a unique place in South African history, as it is the spiritual home of the Afrikaans language.
A monument to the language crowns one of the summits above Paarl, and provides superb views over the Winelands and toward Table Mountain.
Historic town centre
The historic heart of the town boasts pretty buildings and the residential streets become roads which wend their way up the mountain slopes through beautiful vineyards.
Suggested itineraries featuring Paarl
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Paarl, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Botswana, South Africa and ZambiaView this tour
South AfricaView this tour
Map of Paarl
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Paarl
- The Winelands 7 miles away
- Franschhoek 15 miles away
- Stellenbosch 16 miles away
- Cape Town 34 miles away
- Constantia 38 miles away
- The Cape Peninsula 49 miles away
- Hermanus 50 miles away
- The Whale Coast 51 miles away
- De Kelders 62 miles away
- Montagu 67 miles away
- The Overberg 69 miles away
- Langebaan 71 miles away
- The Cederberg Mountains 86 miles away
- Swellendam 87 miles away
- Paternoster 90 miles away
- Sanbona Game Reserve 91 miles away
- De Hoop Nature Reserve 103 miles away
- Calitzdorp 158 miles away
- Oudtshoorn & Surrounds 187 miles away
- The Cango Caves & Swartberg Pass 189 miles away
- Wilderness 208 miles away
- The Klein Karoo 227 miles away
- Knysna 235 miles away
- Plettenberg Bay 253 miles away
- Tsitsikamma Forest 283 miles away
- Namaqualand 292 miles away
Photos of Paarl
Accommodation choices for Paarl
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Paarl. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.