Visit the Cederberg Mountains, South Africa
North of Cape Town, on the southern fringes of Namaqualand, lie the Cederberg Mountains. The area is famed for the rock-art of the Bushmen, or San people.
The Cederberg Mountains, South Africa
North of Cape Town, on the southern fringes of Namaqualand, lie the Cederberg Mountains.
The riot of colour that accompanies the coming of the Namaqua spring flowers does reach south into the Cederberg, although it is the stunning backdrop of dramatic mountains speckled with tenacious fynbos and cut through with tortuous passes that draws people here year-round.
Bushmen (San) culture
The area was one of the last havens of the Bushmen, or San, and their prolific rock-art in the region recalls their peaceful existence before European settlers introduced the guns and diseases that wiped them out.
Map of the Cederberg Mountains
Places & hotels on the map
Places near the Cederberg Mountains
- Paternoster 75 miles away
- Langebaan 75 miles away
- Paarl 86 miles away
- The Winelands 93 miles away
- Franschhoek 98 miles away
- Stellenbosch 101 miles away
- Cape Town 106 miles away
- Montagu 107 miles away
- Constantia 113 miles away
- Sanbona Game Reserve 121 miles away
- The Cape Peninsula 128 miles away
- Swellendam 131 miles away
- Hermanus 133 miles away
- The Whale Coast 134 miles away
- The Overberg 139 miles away
- De Kelders 143 miles away
- De Hoop Nature Reserve 157 miles away
- Calitzdorp 166 miles away
- The Cango Caves & Swartberg Pass 191 miles away
- Oudtshoorn & Surrounds 195 miles away
- Namaqualand 213 miles away
- Wilderness 225 miles away
- The Klein Karoo 228 miles away
- Knysna 251 miles away
- Plettenberg Bay 268 miles away
- Tsitsikamma Forest 285 miles away
Accommodation choices for the Cederberg Mountains
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit the Cederberg Mountains. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.