Visit the Overberg, South Africa
The Overberg, South Africa
We love the Overberg and encourage as many people as possible to visit the beautiful coastal reserve of De Hoop when in the area.
With grassy dunes leading down onto a white sand beach it is a photographer's dream. With luck you'll also catch sight of all manner of wildlife: antelope, birds, ostriches and whales all frequent the reserve.
Driving in the back roads of the Overberg is a real pleasure, with the scenery varying from remote and coastal through to the dramatic mountains that surround Montagu.
Suggested itineraries featuring the Overberg
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in the Overberg, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of the Overberg
Places & hotels on the map
Places in and around the Overberg
- De Hoop Nature Reserve The Overberg
- Swellendam The Overberg
- De Kelders 29 miles away
- Hermanus 34 miles away
- The Whale Coast 35 miles away
- Montagu 47 miles away
- Franschhoek 54 miles away
- Sanbona Game Reserve 62 miles away
- The Winelands 64 miles away
- Stellenbosch 66 miles away
- Paarl 69 miles away
- The Cape Peninsula 82 miles away
- Constantia 86 miles away
- Cape Town 89 miles away
- Calitzdorp 123 miles away
- Langebaan 139 miles away
- The Cederberg Mountains 139 miles away
- Oudtshoorn & Surrounds 148 miles away
- The Cango Caves & Swartberg Pass 154 miles away
- Paternoster 158 miles away
- Wilderness 160 miles away
- Knysna 186 miles away
- The Klein Karoo 189 miles away
- Plettenberg Bay 204 miles away
- Tsitsikamma Forest 225 miles away
Accommodation choices for the Overberg
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit the Overberg. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.