Visit Charlottetown, Canada
The small city of Charlottetown is the capital of the province of Prince Edward Island. The city’s compact size lends itself to exploration on foot.
The small city of Charlottetown is the capital of the province of Prince Edward Island.
This charming city is full of leafy avenues of Victorian clapboard houses, evoking a tangible sense of yesteryear. It was here, in Province House in 1864, that the colonies of British North America convened in federation to form the nation that today is Canada.
Explore Charlottetown on foot
The city’s compact size lends itself to exploration on foot; the Confederation Centre of the Arts, St. Dunstan’s Basilica, Victoria Park, Founders Hall Museum and the delightful harbour front are all within easy reach.
The principal thoroughfares are Grafton and Kent streets, housing a collection of historic buildings and a good selection of restaurants and shops. Don’t miss a visit to 'Cows', something of an island institution, renowned for their delicious ice-cream.
Suggested Charlottetown itinerary
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in Charlottetown, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Charlottetown
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Charlottetown
- Prince Edward Island 21 kilometers away
- Cavendish 35 kilometers away
- Spry Point 58 kilometers away
- Pictou 70 kilometers away
- West Point 105 kilometers away
- Nova Scotia 118 kilometers away
- Riverside-Albert 136 kilometers away
- Kouchibouguac National Park 153 kilometers away
- Îles de la Madeleine 156 kilometers away
- Liscomb Mills 158 kilometers away
- Charlos Cove 178 kilometers away
- Halifax 181 kilometers away
- Cape Breton & Cabot Trail 181 kilometers away
- Ingonish 214 kilometers away
- Caraquet 220 kilometers away
- Lunenburg 227 kilometers away
- New Brunswick 238 kilometers away
- Louisbourg 246 kilometers away
- Annapolis Royal 250 kilometers away
- Saint John 252 kilometers away
- The Bay of Fundy 268 kilometers away
- The Gaspé Peninsula 307 kilometers away
- Saint Andrews by the Sea 331 kilometers away
- Anticosti Island 362 kilometers away
Accommodation choices for Charlottetown
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Charlottetown. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.