The Linyanti Wetlands are a vast area of pristine wilderness located in the north of Botswana, stretching from the Linyanti River to the Okavango Delta.
Wildlife of the Linyanti
The three private concessions within the Wetlands are the wildest in the country, surrounded by papyrus and reeds swamps, open grassland and riverine forests that are home to a variety of game and bird life.
The entire area is superb for elephant but they are possibly at their most spectacular along the Linyanti River. Huge breeding herds numbering hundreds can be heard trumpeting their way through the papyrus to drink from the river. As the sun sets, watching elephant immerge from the water then trundle up the yellow plains to the forest in a cloud of dust is one of the great sights of Africa.
The wide open grasslands are frequented by herds of zebra, wildebeest and giraffe and in the shady forests you can hear baboon barking into the air.
There are also several prides of lion and this is also an excellent area for spotting the elusive leopard and rare wild dog.
Suggested itineraries featuring Linyanti Wetlands
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Linyanti Wetlands, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Linyanti Wetlands
Places & hotels on the map
Places in and around Linyanti Wetlands
- Kwando Concession Linyanti Wetlands
- Linyanti Concession Linyanti Wetlands
- Selinda Concession Linyanti Wetlands
- Savuti Area 15 kilometers away
- Chobe National Park 71 kilometers away
- Khwai Concession 91 kilometers away
- Kwara Concession 95 kilometers away
- Shinde Concession 103 kilometers away
- Vumbura Concession 130 kilometers away
- Chitabe Concession 144 kilometers away
- Moremi Wildlife Reserve 151 kilometers away
- Chief's Island 152 kilometers away
- Jao Concession 160 kilometers away
- Duba Concession 162 kilometers away
- Stanleys Concession 163 kilometers away
- The Okavango Delta 166 kilometers away
- Xigera Concession 167 kilometers away
- Gunn's Concession 169 kilometers away
- Abu Concession 170 kilometers away
- Nxabega Concession 172 kilometers away
- Xudum Concession 186 kilometers away
- Sepupa 191 kilometers away
- Maun 196 kilometers away
- Nxai Pan National Park 198 kilometers away
- The Panhandle 202 kilometers away
- Makgadikgadi Pans, Kalahari 260 kilometers away
- Central Kalahari 345 kilometers away
- Ghanzi 447 kilometers away
Accommodation choices for Linyanti Wetlands
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Linyanti Wetlands. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.