New Brunswick holidays
New Brunswick is renowned for being home to the Bay of Fundy, washed each day by the world’s highest tides.
Fundy National Park
Along this dramatic coastline you will also find Fundy National Park, the Hopewell Rocks, the vibrant city of Saint John, and charming Passamaquoddy Bay. The nearby islands of Grand Manan and Campobello are enchanting retreats from the modern world.
The provincial capital is Fredericton, a city of genteel villas and art galleriesm, whilst the pretty nearby village of Gagetown is famed for its old riverside houses.
Kouchibouguac National Park
To the east are the wonderful sand dunes and lagoons of Kouchibouguac National Park and the world-famous salmon fishing river, the Mirimichi.
The Caraquet region is home to many Acadian settlers and is an area where the 20th century has yet to gain a foothold. Other attractions include the leafy resort town of St. Andrews, Tidal Bore Park and Magnetic Hill in Moncton, Grand Falls Gorge and Fort Beausejour historic site.
Places to visit in New Brunswick
Featuring heavily on our experiences of visiting New Brunswick, these selected places are destinations that also prove consistently popular with our travellers. Our specialists can help you choose how to include them in your wider trip, based on your preferences.
Suggested itineraries featuring New Brunswick
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in New Brunswick, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of New Brunswick
Places & hotels on the map
Places in and around New Brunswick
- The Bay of Fundy New Brunswick
- Caraquet New Brunswick
- Kouchibouguac National Park New Brunswick
- Riverside-Albert New Brunswick
- Saint Andrews by the Sea New Brunswick
- Saint John New Brunswick
- West Point 136 kilometers away
- Cavendish 213 kilometers away
- Prince Edward Island 219 kilometers away
- Annapolis Royal 228 kilometers away
- Charlottetown 238 kilometers away
- The Gaspé Peninsula 264 kilometers away
- Pictou 290 kilometers away
- Spry Point 293 kilometers away
- Lunenburg 299 kilometers away
- Halifax 307 kilometers away
- La Malbaie 321 kilometers away
- Nova Scotia 324 kilometers away
- Charlevoix & Saguenay - Lac St. Jean 325 kilometers away
- Îles de la Madeleine 328 kilometers away
- Liscomb Mills 367 kilometers away
- Anticosti Island 385 kilometers away
- Québec City 388 kilometers away
- Charlos Cove 407 kilometers away
- Cape Breton & Cabot Trail 411 kilometers away
- Ingonish 438 kilometers away
- Eastern Townships 465 kilometers away
- Louisbourg 483 kilometers away
Photos of New Brunswick
Accommodation choices for New Brunswick
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit New Brunswick. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
This hotel is perfectly located for exploring the Acadian Village in Caraquet and the Acadian coastline. The hosts are very attentive and will happily share their knowledge of the local area.
Conveniently placed right on the Bay of Fundy, the Cliffside Suites and Cottage provide a comfortable base for exploring the area with individual suites with private decks, full kitchens and waterfront views.
The Rossmount Inn is a delightful three-storey manor house and is part of an extensive estate. The estate includes Chamcook Mountain, the highest point in the Passamaquoddy Bay area with breathtaking vistas over the bay, Chamcook Lake, St. Croix River and the coast of Maine.
In the small town of St. Andrews- by-the-Sea, The Algonquin Resort is one of a kind. A large property with many facilities, such as its golf course, spa and swimming pools, it also serves as a good base for exploring the town and surrounding area.
Set high on a hill, the Kingsbrae Arms overlooks the historic seaside resort of St. Andrews by-the-Sea in Canada's east coast province of New Brunswick.